Friday 16 September 2011

Official Announcement

Today, we have received word from one of the co-founders of the bookclub and currently person in charge Sarah about a sudden change. Here's an official statement from Sarah herself...


"Today, I have recieved word about a change in my academic career. Firstly, due to Edge Hill not informing when my degree classification would be finalised, I have sadly been informed that I have not been accepted onto my MA course this year. This is due to myself not having my degree classification finalised in order to be accepted onto the course, even though I was told in July to apply and I would be able to start the MA this month. Because of this mistake from Edge Hill, I have to apply for my MA again in order to start in September 2012. 


However, this has left me with no choice but to inform the SU of this change. I have spoken to Tina in the SU and sadly, because I will be a current student at the University next year, I sadly have to try and find a replacement for the bookclub for a year until I'm back. This means that at the moment, me and Tina need to find someone who would be willing to take over from me for a year until I'm back in 2012. However, me and Tina have agreed that if we can find someone to replace me for a year, I will take on a role within the bookclub as an advisor to the replacement in order to help them run the bookclub effectively and help them and support them in every way possible. Also, I will be attending every single session that the bookclub will be doing this academic year and you won't get rid of me (lol). 


I should also point out that me and Tina do not want the bookclub to lose everything that we've worked so far for in the last 7 months and we are both determined to work with each other and also the members of the bookclub in order to keep us going. 


I hope this clarifies what's happening. Fresher's Fair on Wednesday will carry on as normal as Tina agrees that I should do what I want to set out to do which is to promote the club effectively and try to get as many new members as possible. After the Fresher's Fair, me and Tina will be meeting in order to try a solution and also find a replacement as quick as possible. Also, the Dorian Grey session will run as planned at 2pm on the 28th September.


I'm really sorry that this is happening.  I'm very upset and also angry with what's going on but I have tried everything to try and see if I could run the bookclub, but we also have to follow SU rules and proceedures. I didn't think within the 7 months I have been in charge of the bookclub, we would have gotten the SU backing. And I cannot thank you all enough for the support that you have for the bookclub by coming to each session and also promoting the bookclub to friends that you also know. 


I really hope that I haven't let you all down but the situation the club is facing and also myself personally is something that is not beyond my control. I really hope we can find a replacement that can carry on the positivity, commitment and decidation to the bookclub like I hopefully have within the last 7 months.


I will keep you posted on what's happening every step of the way and I thank you again for all your support in this time. See you on Wednesday for the Fresher's Fair or on the 28th September for the Dorian Grey session.


Sarah"



No comments:

Post a Comment